Re: Is a SERIAL column a "black box", or not?

От Thomas Hallgren
Тема Re: Is a SERIAL column a "black box", or not?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Rod Taylor wrote:

> If SERIAL is going to be kept long term, then it should be the macro
> version so it doesn't appear too duplicated.

I concur with this. But to really break out from the current middle ground, you must
implement the IDENTITY and also document the SERIAL macro as deprecated.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

От: Martijn van Oosterhout
Сообщение: Re: Is a SERIAL column a "black box", or not?
От: Hannu Krosing
Сообщение: Re: Is a SERIAL column a "black box", or not?