Re: Error 08S01 (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Error 08S01 (COMMUNICATION_ERROR)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Jaime Vizán wrote:

> java.net.SocketException: Socket closed

>         at org.postgresql.core.PGStream.flush(PGStream.java:415)
>         at org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.closeV3(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:1147)
>         at org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.close(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:1133)
>         at com.seglan.helena.BDConn.close(BDConn.java:112)
>         at com.seglan.helena.aplicaciones.DownloadDevolD.finalize(DownloadDevolD.java:154)
>         at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.invokeFinalizeMethod(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.runFinalizer(Finalizer.java:83)
>         at java.lang.ref.Finalizer.access$100(Finalizer.java:14)
>         at java.lang.ref.Finalizer$FinalizerThread.run(Finalizer.ja

Closing connections from a finalizer can be a bit hairy, as the
connection itself also has a finalizer that closes it down and it's not
defined which one runs first .. If the connection's finalizer is run
first, you will see this exception.

> The PSQLException’s sql state tell me about COMMUNICATION ERROR but
> PSQLException’s error code tell me about Successful Completion. I dont
> know whether there is an error. I am confuse.

The error code is vendor-specific, and the postgresql driver doesn't
assign any meaning to it: it is always 0.

Use the SQLState, which is somewhat standardized.

-O