Re: SQL Rule

От Kenneth Downs
Тема Re: SQL Rule
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bert wrote:

>This rule is creating first of all the insert and then i can run an
>Update on this insert, so far its functioning. Your definition is quite
>good but what are doing when you change the table definition? Rewrite
>all Rules?

I actually use a data dictionary processor that automatically generates
the trigger code and also modifies table structures.  Your example would
look like this:

table example {
   column { col_A; col_B; }
   column col_C {
     chain calc {
         test { return: @col_A + @col_B; }
  }
}

This tool, called "Andromeda" is available for download if you like, but
we consider the current version "pre-Alpha".  The entire feature set is
defined and I use it for all of my projects, but we are still
stabilizing and documenting.  If you are interested in being a very
early adopter, drop me a line off-list.

Вложения

От: "Shoaib Mir"
Сообщение: Re: CREATE TYPE
От: "Schnabl, Sebastian"
Сообщение: FW: Postgres 8.1 sequences and 'CALL'-syntax