Re: Install issue on Kubuntu

От Stuart Bishop
Тема Re: Install issue on Kubuntu
Дата
Список pgsql-general
P G wrote:

> I have recently switched to Kubuntu and I just installed Postgres on
> it.  The installation was successful.
>
> When I try psql, I get this error message, though:
>
> % psql postgres
> Error: You must install at least one postgresql-client-<version> package.
>
> But I have installed postgresql-client-common and re-installs do not
> seem to help.
>
> Any suggestions?

Does /etc/postgresql-common/user_clusters exist? If not, you have struck a
known bug in the Ubuntu packaging that I was told has since been fixed. An
update should fix things (sudo apt-get update; sudo apt-get dist-upgrade).
Or 'sudo /etc/postgresql-common/user_clusters' will get you going.

If this doesn't help, you can open a support request at
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/postgresql-8.1/+tickets

Or, if you think you know what is going wrong, a bug report at
https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+source/postgresql-8.1/+bugs might be
more appropriate.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart.bishop@canonical.com>   http://www.canonical.com/