Re: Large (8M) cache vs. dual-core CPUs

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Large (8M) cache vs. dual-core CPUs
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> But don't believe me or the other people who've seen the difference.  Go
> buy the Intel box.  No skin off my back.

To be more detailed... AMD Opteron has some specific technical
advantages to their design over Intel when it comes to peforming for a
database. Specifically no front side bus :)

Also it is widely known and documented (just review the archives) that
AMD performs better then the equivelant Intel CPU, dollar for dollar.

Lastly it is also known that Dell frankly, sucks for PostgreSQL. Again,
check the archives.

Joshua D. Drake

                     http://www.commandprompt.com/