Re: Catalog Access

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Catalog Access
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 12:25:35PM -0500, Jim C. Nasby wrote:
>> Is there anything in comments/docs/list archives about why catalog
>> access uses a bunch of 'magic' instead of treating catalog tables the
>> same as every other table? I realize that ultimately you have to
>> bootstrap somehow (kinda hard to read from pg_class if the info needed
>> to do so is in pg_class), but perhaps switching over to the regular
>> access methods after the system is up would be worth-while.
>
> I don't know if it's explicitly documented, but here's one mail that
> describes some of the issues:
>
> http://www.thelinuxreview.com/pgsql-hackers/2005-03/msg00840.php

O.k. I need to fix that... that should be an archives link ;0

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2005-03/msg00840.php

Martin how did you find that link with the linuxreview domain ?

Joshua D. Drake

--
           === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===     Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency:
+1.800.492.2240    Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997