Re: How to have a blind-superuser

От Geoffrey
Тема Re: How to have a blind-superuser
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Steve Atkins wrote:

> So... you're not going to be able to do this _at_all_ from within
> the database. You're going to need an external solution, probably
> a hideous seteuid thing, if you really want to do this. And it's
> a really bad idea, so you probably don't want to.

Thinking out loud on this one, so feel free to shoot it full of holes
folks.  I'm also assuming a UNIX based system.  I don't suggest this
solution, but it might be closer to what you're looking for.

Create a root permission id that has the permissions to backup the
database. Set the id's shell in /etc/passwd so that it executes a script
that performs the backup.  Again, I don't recommend this, but it might
be a workable solution.  Now, you login to the machine and the script is
executed.

Personally, I still maintain that if you can't trust the person that is
expected to backup your database, you should get rid of them.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin