Re: Postgresql Certifications.

От Ron Mayer
Тема Re: Postgresql Certifications.
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Robert Treat wrote:
>> On Monday 17 April 2006 12:22, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>> ...(microsoft open source engineer)...
>
> 'k, and this is a bad thing because ... ?

I think it could be a very good thing for the project.
I've seen some technology managers suggest that it could
be better to use Oracle and MySQL because it's easier
to find trained engineers with those backgrounds.

If every company out there started selling PostgreSQL
certifications (say, for $5 and a web-form) it'd quickly
look to hiring managers that PostgreSQL was a more popular
platform than MySQL.   For the clueless managers who care
about such things, it would hardly matter that most of those
certifications don't mean much; and for the managers who
did care, hopefully they'd either know which certifications
to trust (I hear the SRA one is a very good one) or ask
their own interview questions.

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Certifications.
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql Certifications.