Re: stored function, multiple queries, best practices

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: stored function, multiple queries, best practices
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Ash Grove wrote:

>>Why assemble a string and parse it? Why not just use
>>multiple parameters
>>directly?
>>-O
>

> So, Oliver,  you're suggesting something like "call
> myfunction('query1','query2','query3')"?

No, I'm suggesting:

   call myfunction('data value 1', 42, 1.234, 'data value 4')

I am assuming you know the combinations of updates you will need to run
ahead of time. If you want to run arbitary queries then you are probably
stuck with doing some parsing in the function .. but that is pretty nasty.

-O