Re: the integer type

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: the integer type
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Zahir Lalani wrote:
> This is exactly how I felt - It made me wonder whether I should go back
> to MS SQL - the whole UI experience is much better.
>
> But now that I have seen lightning - hopefully it will get easier. Also,
> I was trying to connect this to ColdFusion/Dreamweaver.
> Since the field was defined as int4, Coldfusion raised an error in its
> validation as it had no clue what int4 was?
>
> Zahir

PG Lightning Admin was created with input from several MS SQL server
DBAs who just absolutely detested pgAdmin III.
We where converting a large MS SQL application to Postgresql and they
complained to me every day about pgAdmin, so I started writing PG
Lightning admin for them and it took
off from there.  If you have never used a RDBMS before, pgAdmin III is
acceptable, but once you have used tools like the MS Query Analyser or
even commercial admin tools for Firebird (IB expert for example) it
(pgAdmin) really starts to lose it's luster.

I admit my views on this subject are biased though :-)

--
Tony Caduto
AM Software Design