Re: unattened dump

От Paolo Sala
Тема Re: unattened dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Martijn van Oosterhout scrisse in data 04/13/06 10:47:

>On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 10:35:55AM +0200, Paolo Sala wrote:
>

>>Hi all I am a newbe in postgres and I'm trying to obtain an unattended
>>dump to pgsql. I mean, I've tryed to use pg_dump using the -U flag but I
>>havn't found a way to pass a password in a unattended way. So I have to
>>guess the only solution is to configure pg_hba.conf to use ident as
>>authentication method?
>>

>Well, there's the .pgpass file. However, I usually find the best method is
>to connect using unix domain sockets using ident (which isn't really
>ident, it uses the OS to verify the user) from the database user
>(postgres). Set this up in a cronjob and you're all set.

Thank you very much Martjin I was in doubt using your procedure because
I have phppgadmin installed on the same server and configured to use
unix domain sockets. But now I have disabled the use of postgres user in
phppgadmin so I hope postgres is secure...

Thank you very much

Piviul

От: "hubert depesz lubaczewski"
Сообщение: Re: corrupted item pointer:???
От: Christopher Browne
Сообщение: Re: Is a high tab_reloid worrying?