Re: Practical impediment to supporting multiple SSL libraries

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: Practical impediment to supporting multiple SSL libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

>On Wed, Apr 12, 2006 at 05:03:32PM +0100, Dave Page wrote:
>
><about the declaration of PQgetssl>
>

>>The next version of psqlODBC (that has just gone into CVS tip after
>>months of work and debate) uses it, and would break almost completely
>>should it be removed, therefore any backwards incompatible change should
>>be avoided imho. And 2 or 4 could cause chaos for Windows users if
>>different DLL builds get mixed up.
>>

>Hmm, may I ask what it uses it for? Just to get information, or
>something more substantial?

In case of SSL mode, the driver gets the communication path using
PQsocket() or PQgetssl() after calling PQconnectdb(). The driver
comunicates with the server by itself using the path. In case of
non-SSL mode, the driver never calls libpq API at all.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Сообщение: Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables
Сообщение: Re: Get explain output of postgresql in Tables