Re: plpgsql by default

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: plpgsql by default
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Can you guarantee unequivocally that there are absolutely not security
> issues in plpgsql?

Can you guarantee unequivocally that there are absolutely not security
issues in PostgreSQL?

> I believe Tom's point is that it is not possible to do so, and, since
> plpgsql isn't something that all applications need/use, it isn't
> something that needs to be 'loaded by default' ... its like loading
> mod_perl in apache for an application that only uses PHP ... you can do
> it, but why bother?

Well.... many distributions do but no it is not the same. plPGSQL is the
default procedural language for PostgreSQL. It is not a contrib module,
and it is built by default. So why not install it by default to make it
just one step easier for our community?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
            === The PostgreSQL Company: Command Prompt, Inc. ===      Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 || 24x7/Emergency:
+1.800.492.2240     Providing the most comprehensive  PostgreSQL solutions since 1997