Re: pg_restore 7.4.7 locks itself out

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: pg_restore 7.4.7 locks itself out
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrew - Supernews wrote:
> On 2006-04-10, Alban Hertroys <alban@magproductions.nl> wrote:
> Notice the "INSERT" there. For a restore, you'd expect it to be "COPY",
> _unless_ you used the -d option to pg_dump (this is a common mistake to
> make, given that all the other utilities use -d to specify the database
> name).

That explains a lot, thanks. Looking at my command history, it does
indeed include "-d <database name>".

I was wondering why it was waiting on an insert, would never have
guessed that my dump was made that way... It also explains why I was
seeing locks this way.

This must be a very common mistake, isn't there some way to prevent this
from happening in the future?

> Restoring an inserts dump is _SLOW_ to the point of being glacial, because

Yeah, I know. Luckily that restore turned out to have finished this
morning, so everything is alright. I don't need this dump for restoring
anything serious, luckily.

Regards,
--
Alban Hertroys
alban@magproductions.nl

magproductions b.v.

T: ++31(0)534346874
F: ++31(0)534346876
M:
I: www.magproductions.nl
A: Postbus 416
    7500 AK Enschede

// Integrate Your World //

Сообщение: Re: Performance UPDATE/INSERT
Сообщение: Re: Performance UPDATE/INSERT