Re: [SUGGESTION] CVSync

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [SUGGESTION] CVSync
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>

>>I don't know what unreasonable infrastructure you are referring to.
>>Building cvsup is a major pain, but installing and running it isn't, in
>>my experience. There's a package in Fedora Extras. Setting up cvsweb
>>against my cvsup repo is a fine idea - I wonder why I didn't think of that.
>>

>Using someone else's binary isn't an attractive alternative for open
>source users.

Really? I haven't built the compiler, or make, or almost anything else
in the toolset we use on any of the platforms I build on (FC*, Windows,
Cygwin). So I use binaries built by other peoiple all the time. I bet
you do too. In any case, cvsup would only be a supplement to cvs, not a
replacement, and probably only of interest to developers, not users.
It's not like cvsup is proprietary.

And we support cvsup right now - it's particularly nice with buildfarm.

cheers

andrew