Re: pg 8.1.3, AIX, huge box, painfully slow.

От Gábriel Ákos
Тема Re: pg 8.1.3, AIX, huge box, painfully slow.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Gavin Hamill wrote:
> Bing-bong, passenger announcement.. the panic train is now pulling into
> platform 8.1.3. Bing-bong. =)
>
> OK, having moved from our quad-xeon to an 8-CPU IBM pSeries 650
> (8x1.45GHz POWER4 instead of 4 x 3GHz Xeon), our query times have shot
> up and our website is next to unusable. The IBM is not swapping (not

I would say running _one_ query at a time depends on the power of _one_
cpu. PPCs aren't that fast, I'd say they are slower than Xeons. Moreover
I'm sure that AMD Opterons are faster than Xeons. I'd say you should go
and test an opteron-based configuration. You'll get much more power for
the same (much likely for less) money.

--
Üdvözlettel,
Gábriel Ákos

Сообщение: Re: pg 8.1.3, AIX, huge box, painfully slow.
Сообщение: Re: pg 8.1.3, AIX, huge box, painfully slow.