[IDLE IN TRANSACTION] doing a remote pg_dump

От Dick Wieland
Тема [IDLE IN TRANSACTION] doing a remote pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I'm running pgsql 8.1.3 and ran into an unexpected situation running
pg_dump remotely. We have 2 LAN's situated some distance apart. I can
run pg_dump against machine A on LAN1 from machine B on LAN1 with no
problem. But if I try to run it from Machine C on LAN2 it stalls with
"idle in transaction" on the server.

I've seen some snippets of commentary on timeouts, etc. and have a
feeling I'm running into the same problem, but I can't tell whether
there is a solution or not. Can someone please point out a place where I
can read up on this situation in more detail so I can understand the
issues better?

Thanks,
Dick Wieland

--