Re: Strange Update query ...

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: Strange Update query ...
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hélder M. Vieira wrote:

> I tried to replicate the situation you describe, without success.
> I guess ADO for some reason is trying to build an SQL statement
> corresponding to a parameter query.
> I'd bet on a ADO misinterpretation of your intention caused by the
> myvalue1, myvalue2 and myvalue3 data types.
> Could you post the DIM statements of those variables ?

Isn't myfieldx timestamp or float type ?
If I remember correctly, ADO builds the SQL statement
  UPDATE mytable SET
myfield1=myvalue1,myfield2=myvalue2,myfield3=myvalue3 WHERE (id=6 AND
     myfield1=current_value1 AND myfield2=current_value2 AND
myfield3=current_value3 )'

The clauses after the "AND" are for optimistic concurrency control by
vaues but
the clause could be false if it contains timestamp or float field,

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue