Re: pgsql continuing network issues

От Tony Caduto
Тема Re: pgsql continuing network issues
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On Friday 31 March 2006 02:55 am, David Bernal wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> I wrote a few days ago regarding networking issues I'm having. At this
>> point, I'm at my wit's end and am hoping someone can help me.
>>
>> I am running postgres 8.1.0 on Windows XP w\SP2. I currently have
>> PGSQL configured to accept connections from my local IP, 192.168.0.100
>> using the listen_addresses directive.

Why don't you try this:
set listen_addresses to * like so:
listen_addresses = '*'

Then set your pg_hba.conf to this:

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          trust
host    all         all         192.168.0.100/32          trust

For this example I put trust for the method to rule out any password
issues, if you are confident
you have no password issues change the method to md5 or whatever your
choice is.

You should for sure change the listen_addresses to * because you may
have two NICs in the server or PC and somehow the external connections
are connecting to the other nic.

I always setup my win32 and Unix servers this way and have never had
problems.

Hope this helps,

--
Tony Caduto