Re: view data causes pgadmin to hang or die

От Miha Radej
Тема Re: view data causes pgadmin to hang or die
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers
Hi!

Dave Page wrote:
> So, just to be clear, the query tool will display the data correctly,
> even if the maximum column length option is increased to accommodate the
> largest data item?
>
> I want to be clear about this because in SVN trunk now, the grid code is
> shared between the two tools so both /should/ fail, but the column
> length option might be masking the problem in the query tool.

I've checked out a fresh copy from SVN today. I've set "Max rows to
retrieve" to 0, "Max. characters per column" to 700000. "View data"
hangs/crashes, as does "Query tool".

A few days ago when I hadn't had the latest build the "Query tool" had
worked. But that may have been due to the fact that no matter what I had
set for "Max rows to retrieve", I'd only get 101 rows. I now get
everything, including the crash :)

And what is even more strange, the original table (I've been playing
with copies of it) grew for a few records and now everything works fine
- both "View data" and "Query tool". I don't know what to make of it.

Thank you for your time and help!

Regards,
Miha

Сообщение: Re: view data causes pgadmin to hang or die
Сообщение: Re: view data causes pgadmin to hang or die