Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: Slow performance on Windows .NET and OleDb
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
You should run the select query from the psql utility to determine if
it's PostgreSQL, or your OleDb driver that's being slow.  It takes like
185ms on one of my tables to get 7000 rows.

Greg Quinn wrote:
>> how many rows does it return ? a few, or a lot ?
>
> 3000 Rows - 7 seconds - very slow
>
> Which client library may have a problem? I am using OleDb, though
> haven't tried the .NET connector yet.
>
> Network configuration?? I am running it off my home PC with no network.
> It is P4 2.4 with 1 Gig Ram. Windows XP
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "PFC" <lists@peufeu.com>

Christopher Kings-Lynne

Technical Manager
CalorieKing
Tel: +618.9389.8777
Fax: +618.9389.8444
chris.kings-lynne@calorieking.com
www.calorieking.com

Сообщение: Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of
Сообщение: Re: Decide between Postgresql and Mysql (help of