Re: PostgreSQL client api

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: PostgreSQL client api
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Antimon wrote:
> Just noticed,
> On windows, these results are produced.
> But on linux, postgresql performs great. So postgre has a bad windows
> integration than mysql. Well since it supports win32 for a long time,
> it makes sense.
> I did some "multi client" tests and postgre could not even catch mysql
> so i decided to go test it on my linux box. It seems that the
> performance issue is about windows version.

Part of the problem may be the connection penalty on Windows. Since
PostgreSQL is a processed based database (mySQL is threaded I believe)
it is expensive (resource wise) to fire a bunch of connections.

You may be able to get similar performance if you were to use pconnect
or connection pooling with PHP and PostgreSQL.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

                      http://www.commandprompt.com/