Re: Implementation Suggestions

От Rory Hart
Тема Re: Implementation Suggestions
Дата
Re: Implementation Suggestions  ("Ian Harding" <iharding@destinydata.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Chris wrote:

> Rory Hart wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm wanting to build a database and interface for a small business to
>> keep track of things such as clients, suppliers etc. The database
>> will be served on a Linux box, with users accessing/updating it over
>> the network from both Linux and windows.
>>
>> I'm wondering if I could get some suggestions as to how implement
>> this quickly and simply? I was thinking a web interface using PHP
>> would be the fastest way of going about it.
>

> A web interface will make it easy for others to use (and from
> anywhere). OTOH, if you're comfortable with C# or Java or "X" you
> could do it that way, however that will mean either installing an app
> or applet on each PC.
>
>> I have a understanding of SQL and can program but I don't want to
>> spend an eternity working on it and maintaining it.
>

> What languages are you comfortable with? PHP, Ruby, Python, Perl all
> work well for web interfaces. C#, Java (and others) work fine as
> client apps..

PHP would be my choice i think, there are libraries and tools for using
pgsql and php aren't there?

--
Rory Hart

Lifestyle Management Consultant

Professional Lifestyle Management
http://www.lifestylemanage.com

Phone  03 9879 5643              PO Box 4179
Fax    03 9879 6743              Ringwood Vic 3134
Mobile 0412 821030               Australia

От: Chris
Сообщение: Re: Implementation Suggestions
От: Chris
Сообщение: Re: Implementation Suggestions