Re: Guidelines for upgrading from pgsql7.4.xxx server to

От Chris Travers
Тема Re: Guidelines for upgrading from pgsql7.4.xxx server to
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Luki Rustianto wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>All of our application now runs on postgresql7.4.xxx servers, I never
>tried it on version 8.xxx
>
>I wonder if there are any guidelines / step by step / special
>considerations whether it applies to database structure or the
>application it self if we want to upgrade to version 8.xxx ?

Depends on if your app depends on the (hidden) OID fields that were
included by default before 8.0.  If not, then no real concerns that I
know of, if so, you may want to first upgrade to the most recent 7.4
release to ensure that the oid fields get noted properly in the dumps.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting

Вложения

От: "Luki Rustianto"
Сообщение: Guidelines for upgrading from pgsql7.4.xxx server to pgsql8.xxx server
От: Rory Hart
Сообщение: Implementation Suggestions