COPY command documentation

От Oisin Glynn
Тема COPY command documentation
Дата
Re: COPY command documentation  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: COPY command documentation  (Fabio Milillo <fmilillo@agr.uniba.it>)
Список pgsql-general
I have driven myself to distraction for the last 30 minutes trying to
get COPY to work on Windows  XP.  The Unix style c:/afolder/afile
instead of c:\afolder\afile was a desperation attempt.

I had tried all sorts of double slashes \\ putting the whole path in
quotes basically all sorts of foolishness.  I would suggest the there
should be a Windows example(s) in the documents as well as a *NIX style
one(s) where necessary. Did I miss this somewhere or should I put a
comment on the doc or what can I do to help the next Windows user.

Oisin

P.S.
I just discovered that the comments from 8.0 had the answer I was
looking for but these comments are not in the 8.1 docs. Should the
comments be rolled forward as new versions are created? Or if valid
comments added to the docs themselves?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/sql-copy.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/sql-copy.html

Now happily using COPY,