ERROR: could not convert UTF8 character to ISO8859-1

От JP Glutting
Тема ERROR: could not convert UTF8 character to ISO8859-1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have seen several people with this same error. I get mine when trying
to backup using pg_dump, causing my backups to fail.

I am using PostgreSQL 8.1 on Windows XP.The databases are in UTF8. I get
the same error from the command line and using pgadmin3.

Has anyone found a solution for this? Looking around online, I see that
this supposedly codes for a lowercase a with a circumflex (which I don't
have in tha table thet triggeres the error), but that this may be the
first part of a three-byte sequence that codes for something else.

Does anyone know of a way to pinpoint the character in the database? I
am not sure how to search for a raw unicode character through psql or
pgadmin...

Thanks for any help!

JP