Re: [GENERAL] A real currency type

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [GENERAL] A real currency type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>Bruce Momjian wrote:
>

>>This looks very interesting.  Should we add it to the core
>>distribution?
>>

>I think such types would be better implemented as some sort of
>structured type, possibly with constructors and methods and all the
>other stuff that SQL talks about.  We don't have all of that yet --
>maybe we don't need all of it immediately -- but before we start
>endorsing many of these types I'd like to see some consideration given
>to this issue.

Yeah, looks interesting but let's find the wrinkles. I was wondering if
it might have relevance to what I wanted to do with enumeration types,
i.e. we would tag each one with its particular enumeration id.

I also don't like the idea of it being done with user tables - if this
is core material then the tags should go in the catalog, ISTM.

cheers

andrew