can't create user collumn

От loki
Тема can't create user collumn
Дата
Re: can't create user collumn  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
i'm just starting with postgres DB, but this looks very strange to me:

If i try to create table with collumn user, it fails with error:
create exec error:ERROR:  syntax error at or near "user" at character 368

query:
CREATE TABLE Log (
log_date        date            NOT NULL,
log_time        time            NOT NULL,
timezone        int             NOT NULL default  60 ,
dest            varchar(20)     NOT NULL default 'messages',
hostname        varchar(100)    NOT NULL default 'localhost',
source          varchar(20)     NOT NULL default 'db_speed',
pid             numeric(10)     NOT NULL default  0 ,
category        int             NOT NULL default  10 ,
priority        int             NOT NULL default  10 ,
user            int             NOT NULL default  0 ,
log             varchar(800)    NOT NULL
);

But if I change the collumn name to "usr" (just this, nothing else), it
is o.k. and the table is created.

The question is, if I omit something, or it is a 'feature' of postgres,
or if it is a bug?

Thanks

Jiri Zouhar

p.s. I have postgres (PostgreSQL) 8.0.7, RH FC4 build