Re: using a generated series in function

От David Johnston
Тема Re: using a generated series in function
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
From is not required if you use literals or function results (with literal input parameters).  If you reference
somethingthat is not one of these it has to come from somewhere and that location is the from/join part of the query.

In your query foo.work_date is not a literal or function and so must be sourced from somewhere.  2011-11-20 is a
literalbeing fed into a function and so does not require a From clause in order to be evaluated.

David J.