Re: \copy combine with SELECT

От Chris
Тема Re: \copy combine with SELECT
Дата
Список pgsql-general
jia ding wrote:
> yes, of couse COPY
>
> but,
> => copy test to 'test.txt';
> ERROR:  must be superuser to COPY to or from a file
> HINT:  Anyone can COPY to stdout or from stdin. psql's \copy command
> also works for anyone.

Straight from the documentation:

Do not confuse COPY with the psql instruction \copy. \copy invokes COPY
FROM STDIN or COPY TO STDOUT, and then fetches/stores the data in a file
accessible to the psql client. Thus, file accessibility and access
rights depend on the client rather than the server when \copy is used.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/sql-copy.html

Doesn't look like \copy lets you specify which fields to include though.

alive=# \d a
        Table "public.a"
  Column |  Type   | Modifiers
  a      | integer |