Re: About how to use "exception when ??? then "

От Emi Lu
Тема Re: About how to use "exception when ??? then "
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi Pedro,

>|>  The place where I have ???, what I should put there please?
>|>
>|>  e.g.,
>|>  1. WHEN sqlcode = '02000' THEN
>|>  2. WHEN no_data then
>|>  3.  other ways?
>|>
>|>   From the 8.0 docs, I am not be able to find Constant values of all
>|>  error codes.
>|>  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/errcodes-appendix.html
>|>
>|>  Please enlighten me.
>
>Maybe this link will help you better, as it has the Constants:
>
>http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/errcodes-appendix.html
>
>Then, some logic real life examples would be something like:
>
>(snip)
>EXCEPTION
>    WHEN NOT_NULL_VIOLATION THEN
>       RAISE WARNING 'Not null...';
>    WHEN OTHERS THEN
>       RAISE NOTICE 'Hmmmm.... [%,%]', SQLSTATE, SQLERRM;
>
>or

I am using postgresql 8.0.1. The keyword "SQLSTATE" & "SQLERRM" did not
work for me. But, I think I do need the two outputs "sql error code",
and "sql error code statement".

Errors I got are:
syntax error at or near "SQLSTATE" at character 2613
LINE 58:    RAISE NOTICE 'Hmmmm.... [%,%]', SQLSTATE, SQL...

Should I install any patches or do anything elese to have SQLSTATE and
SQLERRM work for me?

Ying

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: About how to use "exception when ??? then "
От: Emi Lu
Сообщение: Re: About how to use "exception when ??? then "