Re: PostgreSQL on Windows not starting

От Oisin Glynn
Тема Re: PostgreSQL on Windows not starting
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Chris Travers wrote:

> I have a customer who is having issues starting PostgreSQL 8.1 on
> Windows.  It worked for a while and now doesn't appear to be running.
> I thought it was probably a stale pidfile, but had him search and
> could not find it.  Is the pid information still in a pidfile or is it
> in the registry somewhere on Windows?  I am suggesting that he try to
> start the service manually and look for error messages.  But in the
> mean time I thought I would ask.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers
> Metatron Technology Consulting

>TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Possile reason I hit a while ago was the account that was created for
the PostgreSQL service was set to need a PWD change at login and so the
service would not start,  I was looking in all sorts of other areas
before I spotted it, I think it was due to some domain policy as I had
not seen it before or since. Or perhaps the account pwd is set to expire.

Oisin

От: Mike Adams
Сообщение: Re: Reprise of Oracle decode functionality...now with nifty
От: Chris
Сообщение: Re: Problems with Postgres and TCP/IP Protocol