Static build of psql with readline support

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Static build of psql with readline support
Дата
Re: Static build of psql with readline support  (Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi guys,

I've been trying to build the cvs checkout of 8.1.3 on my freebsd 4.9
box with a STATIC psql utility.  I keep getting failures trying to hook
in libreadline I think:

lreadline -lcrypt -lcompat -lm -lutil  -o psql
/usr/lib/libreadline.a(terminal.o): In function `_rl_get_screen_size':
terminal.o(.text+0x84): undefined reference to `tgetnum'
terminal.o(.text+0xdd): undefined reference to `tgetnum'
/usr/lib/libreadline.a(terminal.o): In function `rl_resize_terminal':
terminal.o(.text+0x1ce): undefined reference to `tgetstr'
/usr/lib/libreadline.a(terminal.o): In function `_rl_init_terminal_io':
terminal.o(.text+0x2c6): undefined reference to `tgetent'
terminal.o(.text+0x4a9): undefined reference to `tgetflag'
...more...

It builds fine if I use --disable-readline, but other than that I simply
can't get it to build.  I've done gmake distclean, reconfigured, etc.

How do I get this to work?  I've basically just added '-static' to the
psql Makefile, eg: 'psql: ${CC} -static ...'

I can build static pg_dump and pg_dumpall just fine (they don't use
readline though of course.)

Chris