Re: Build failures on RedHat 3.0 with openssl/kerberos

От Louis Gonzales
Тема Re: Build failures on RedHat 3.0 with openssl/kerberos
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Wes,
Did you try to ./configure w/out  "--enable-thread-safety?"  I recently
compiled postgreSQL 8.0.1 on Solaris and _needed_ --enable-thread-safety
strictly for building Slony-I against postgresql with that feature enabled.

What is the reason you are compiling this _with_ the feature?
If it's necessary, then you may need to --with-includes= and/or --with-libs=
with additional include directories, such as   /usr/include:/usr/include/sys
where-ever the thread .h files are for your OS.

This configure attempt could be failing, because it can't locate the
correct thread headers and/or libraries

Wes wrote:

>I try to build 8.1.3 with:
>
>  ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql8.1.3 --with-openssl --with-pam
>--enable-thread-safety
>
>It fails the openssl test, saying openssl/ssl.h is unavailable.  Digging
>deeper, I find that it is because the test program with
>
>  #include <openssl/ssl.h>
>
>is failing because it can't include krb5.h.
>
>Based on another post, I tried adding "--with-krb5".  That explicitly
>aborted with it unable to find krb5.h.  I then tried:
>
>./configure --prefix=/usr/local/pgsql8.1.3 --with-openssl --with-pam
>--enable-thread-safety --with-krb5 --with-includes=/usr/kerberos/include
>
>Now it gets past both the openssl and kerberos, but bites the dust with:
>
>configure: error:
>*** Thread test program failed.  Your platform is not thread-safe.
>*** Check the file 'config.log'for the exact reason.
>***
>*** You can use the configure option --enable-thread-safety-force
>*** to force threads to be enabled.  However, you must then run
>*** the program in src/tools/thread and add locking function calls
>*** to your applications to guarantee thread safety.
>
>If I remove the --with-krb5, it works.  Why does enabling Kerberos break
>threads?
>
>I haven't been able to find any issues in the archives with krb5 and
>threads.  Am I missing something here?
>
>Wes

>TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Сообщение: Re: Wisconsin Circuit Court Access (WCCA) on
Сообщение: Re: Wisconsin Circuit Court Access (WCCA) on