Re: DB2-style INS/UPD/DEL RETURNING

От Lukas Smith
Тема Re: DB2-style INS/UPD/DEL RETURNING
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jonah H. Harris wrote:

> Again, I haven't really used it, but have read over the docs briefly.
> I'm just wondering if anyone has used it and likes/dislikes it.

I guess you could get the same effect from a transaction. If there is
much network overhead you could also write a stored procedure. This is
obviously "more direct". Due to caching I am not sure how much
performance improvement there is in doing  the read/write in one statement.

IMHO this is only useful in fringe cases, can be implemented efficiently
with existing syntax and so just adds useless complexity.

regards,
Lukas