Re: Question re: relational technique

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: Question re: relational technique
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Robert Paulsen wrote:
> This still requires me to modify the overall database structure but not the
> original item table. As my reward :) I get to use any type I choose for each
> new attribute.

The whole point of the database structure is to accurately reflect the
requirements of your data. If you don't want your change your structure
to keep track of the real world, why bother to structure it in the first
place? Just stick it all in text documents and let htdig free-text
search against it.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: