Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode

От David Steele
Тема Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 12/12/2018 05:09, David Steele wrote:
>> I think the patch stands on its own.  Exclusive backup mode is broken
>> and is know to cause problems in the field.
>
> Is this breakage documented anywhere for users?

Yes:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/continuous-archiving.html

"Note that if the server crashes during the backup it may not be
possible to restart until the backup_label file has been manually
deleted from the PGDATA directory."

Seems like the wording could be stronger.

--
-David
david@pgmasters.net