Re: pgsql aggregate: conditional max

От Weimao Ke
Тема Re: pgsql aggregate: conditional max
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Daniel CAUNE wrote:

> SELECT aid, cat
>
>  FROM table, (
>    SELECT aid, max(weight) as weight
>      FROM table
>      GROUP BY aid) AS tablemaxweight
>  WHERE table.aid = tablemaxweight.aid
>    AND table.weight = tablemaxweight.aid;
>
>There is a limit case you don't specify how to deal with, when two or more categories have the same maximum weight.
Thequery I wrote retrieves all the categories that have the maximum weight, but perhaps you just want one per aid.

Yes, this will introduce duplicates. Yet it is not too difficult to
select only one for each aid from the results. Thank you!

Weimao

--
All best,

Weimao

Weimao Ke
Indiana University Bloomington
http://ella.slis.indiana.edu/~wke

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Robert Paulsen
Сообщение: Re: Question re: relational technique
От: Michael Glaesemann
Сообщение: Re: Ask a PostgreSql question (about select )