Re: pg reserved words

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: pg reserved words
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi, Irina,

Irina Gadassik wrote:

> I am trying to create a table freeze and it seems "freeze" is a reserved
> word, but I don't see it in
> the list. Also in a different table I cann't create a column freeze.
> However it is possible in MySQL and Ingres.

It is a PostgreSQL specific reserved word, see
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/sql-keywords-appendix.html

However, it is possible to use it quoted:

postgres=# create table freeze (foo int);
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "freeze" at character 14
LINE 1: create table freeze (foo int);                    ^
postgres=# create table "freeze" (foo int);
CREATE TABLE
postgres=# select * from "freeze";foo
-----
(0 rows)