Re: tests against running server occasionally fail, postgres_fdw & tenk1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: tests against running server occasionally fail, postgres_fdw & tenk1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> I'm inclined to think we should indeed just nuke that test.  It's
> overcomplicated and it expends a lot of test cycles on a pretty
> marginal feature.

Perhaps a better idea: at the start of the test, set
postgres_fdw.application_name to something that exercises all the
available escape sequences, but don't try to verify what the
result looks like.  That at least gives us code coverage for the
escape sequence processing code, even if it doesn't prove that
the output is desirable.