Re: problem with large maintenance_work_mem settings and

От Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Тема Re: problem with large maintenance_work_mem settings and
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:

>>Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
>>
>>>CREATE INDEX on a 1,8B row table (5 int columns - index created on the
>>>first row about 300M distinct values):
>>
>>>before: 11h 51min
>>>after: 3h 11min(!)
>>
>>Cool.  Does it seem to be I/O bound now?  Would you be willing to do it
>>over with oprofile turned on?
>

> Very.
>
> Any chance of trying it with different maintenance_work_mem settings?

interesting:

with maintenance_work_mem = 2048000:

for 3 runs runtime between 3h11min and 3h25min

with maintenance_work_mem = 10240:

for 3 runs runtime between 2h40min and 2h50min

will try other settings as time permits

Stefan

От: "Jonah H. Harris"
Сообщение: Proposal for SYNONYMS
От: "Luke Lonergan"
Сообщение: Re: Merge algorithms for large numbers of "tapes"