Re: pg_freespacemap question

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: pg_freespacemap question
Дата
Re: pg_freespacemap question  (Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
>>Peter Eisentraut wrote:

>>>I've never heard of this thing before but is this column order supposed to make sense?
>>
>>I have another question -- why is the view showing relfilenode and
>>reltablespace?  I imagine it should be showing the relation Oid instead.
>

> I guess that's because FSM keeps those info, not relation oid.
>

>>And what is this "blockid" thing?
>

> from README.pg_freespacemap:
>
>    blockid        |                      | Id, 1.. max_fsm_pages

I put that in as a bit of a sanity check - to see if the view was
picking up all the fsm pages - guess it is a bit redundant now.

> BTW, I found the answer to my question myself by reading the source
> code: if that's an index, then blockfreebytes is explicitly set to 0.
> I suggest that this should be noted in the README and in this case
> blockfreebytes is better to set to NULL, rather than 0.

Good points! I had not noticed this test case. Probably NULL is better
than zero.

I'll look into making these changes! (good to see people checking the
view out).

Cheers

Mark