extended index info

От Chris
Тема extended index info
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I'm trying to work out which fields an index relates to.

If I look at an index:

\di+ news_pkey

  Schema | Name      | Type  | Owner | Description | Table
--------+-----------+-------+-------+-------------+--------
  public | news_pkey | index | chris |             | news

It doesn't show me which fields it actually applies to, only the table.
I'm sure there is a way to include which fields (whether it comes back
as an array or as multiple lines in the output I don't really care), but
I don't know enough about the pg_* tables to know where to start :)

I can see the create definition in pg_indexes but I'm after just the
fields that it applies to.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

--