Re: a web framework for postgresql?

От Reid Thompson
Тема Re: a web framework for postgresql?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
falcon wrote:
> Hi,
> Most of the web applications I work on are nothing more than front-ends
> to postgresql.  I have used Perl (CGI), Java, C# and am now looking at
> Django.  Each generation of frameworks lessens the pain of donig
> web-apps, but it still seems redundant.
>
> Does any one know of a framework where the database server (or a
> web/app server integrated with a DB server) serves web pages?  The
> database contains the data-model; names of tables, names of attributes,
> their types, foreign key relationships among tables...that's A LOT of
> information.  Sql query, views or stored procs could serve as 'reports'
> served off the data.  Perhaps the only thing that needs to be outside a
> database is something that describes how the data is to be displayed
> (CSS).  There could be some java/c#/python/ruby/whatever engine which
> takes all the information provided in the database and generate
> html/xhtml, default css, javascript validation, etc....but all that
> should be invisible to the user.
>
> Any one know of such a framework?
>
> (I'm asking this in pgsql because such a framework will have to be
> fairly closely linked to a database...and I mainly use pgsql).

You could probably do put together a single executable with ZILD
http://zild.org/index.csp and a DB libraray (sqlite, other embeddable
DB)  or package ZILD linked to libpq along with a PostgreSQL installation.

От: John DeSoi
Сообщение: Re: a web framework for postgresql?
От: "Bill Bartlett"
Сообщение: Re: Installing PosygreSQL 8.1 on Windows2003 server in terminal session (remote desktop)