Re: Some suggestions for the non Linux installers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Some suggestions for the non Linux installers
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com> writes:
> If you look at the forum post Thomas referenced, the errors all look like
> variations on this during initdb:

> creating directory C:/Archivos de programa/PostgreSQL/8.3/data ... ok
> creating subdirectories ... ok
> selecting default max_connections ... 10
> selecting default shared_buffers/max_fsm_pages ... 400kB/20000
> creating configuration files ... ok
> creating template1 database in
>    C:/Archivos de programa/PostgreSQL/8.3/data/base/1 ...
>    child process exited with exit code 1

> I'm not sure whether the install log will give you any additional detail
> beyond that, or if this is an installer issue at all.  Looks to me like
> initdb is presuming the subdirectories it creates inside of PGDATA will
> inherit the permissions of the parent directory, but that isn't the case
> on this particular Windows system.

I think we've seen failures just like that in the buildfarm, so it's not
by any means an issue only for the installer.  Have we determined why
nothing useful in the way of an error message gets printed?

Сообщение: Re: Some suggestions for the non Linux installers
Сообщение: Re: Some suggestions for the non Linux installers