Re: pg_dump ordering

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump ordering
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Can someone tell me know what has to be done to pg_dump to make it dump
> things in the right order?  Where should I start.  The most important thing
> is getting types dumped before tables that use the type.

What I'd like to see it do is grab the dependency data in pg_depend and
do a topological sort using that.  This leaves some issues still to be
resolved ... like what to do when dumping a pre-7.3 database ... but I
think it's the core of a maintainable solution.

IIRC, you can find some further discussion in the archives.