Re: DROP TABLESPACE causes panic during recovery

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: DROP TABLESPACE causes panic during recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane said:
>The
> scenario that causes the problem is
>
>     CREATE TABLESPACE
>     much time passes
>     CHECKPOINT
>     modify tables in tablespace
>     drop tables in tablespace
>     DROP TABLESPACE
>     system crash
>
> Now the system needs to replay from the last checkpoint.  It's going to
> hit updates to tables that aren't there anymore in a tablespace that's
> not there anymore.  There will not be anything in the replayed part of
> the log that will give a clue where that tablespace was physically.

Could we create the tables in the default tablespace? Or create a dummy
tablespace (since it's not there we expect it to be removed anyway, don't
we?) I guess the big danger would be running out of disk space, but maybe
that is a lower risk than this one.

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: DROP TABLESPACE causes panic during recovery
Сообщение: Re: DROP TABLESPACE causes panic during recovery