Re: Upgrade check failed from 11.5 to 12.1

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Upgrade check failed from 11.5 to 12.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 12/18/20 2:56 PM, Lu, Dan wrote:
> Thanks for catching that.  Typo on my end.
>
> Now I am getting this.
>
> Performing Consistency Checks on Old Live Server
> Checking cluster versions                                   ok
>
> old and new pg_controldata WAL segment sizes are invalid or do not match
> Failure, exiting
>
> I found the setting in the current version of the instance via "show all" as "wal_segment_size
|16MB".   I guess my new instance should be "16MB" as well when running this "initdb --wal-segsize=16 -D
/hostname/pg/NewInstance/data"?

Well the default is 16MB so you should not have to set it.

What does:

pg_controldata -D <11.5 data dir>

pg_controldata -D <12.1 data dir>

show for the setting Bytes per WAL segment: ?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Rambabu V
Сообщение: FATAL: could not load library "/usr/pgsql-13/lib/libpqwalreceiver.so" during replication