Re: Reliability recommendations

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Reliability recommendations
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Luke Lonergan wrote:

> I'd be more shocked if this weren't also true of nearly all SCSI HW RAID
> adapters of this era.  If you had ordered an HP DL380 server you'd get about
> the same performance.
>
> BTW - I don't think there's anything reasonable about 50-55 MB/s from 6
> disks, I'd put the minimum for this era machine at 5 x 30 = 150MB/s.

He was quoting for 6 disk RAID 10 - I'm thinking 3 x 30MB/s = 90MB/s is
probably more correct? Having aid that, your point is still completely
correct - the performance @55MB/s is poor (e.g. my *ata* system with 2
disk RAID0 does reads @110MB/s).

cheers

Mark

От: Philippe Marzin
Сообщение: Re: Reliability recommendations
Сообщение: Re: Reliability recommendations