Re: fsutil ideas

От Neil Conway
Тема Re: fsutil ideas
Дата
Re: fsutil ideas  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Peter Brant, a consultant working with us, has written code which is
> working for this under both Linux and Windows.  [...] For Linux, he
> used statvfs.

statvfs(2) is standardized, but doesn't seem portable: it isn't
available on OSX 10.3, NetBSD 2.0 or OpenBSD, for example. Perhaps you
can fallback to statfs(2) when it is available?

This seems an area where providing consistent cross-platform behavior
might be difficult. Do we actually need this functionality inside the
DBMS in the first place?

> (2)  If not, is it acceptable for a source file to contain that much
> #if code for Windows?

Let's see the code first...

> (3)  What data type should be used to report total space and free space
> for each volume?

int64?

-Neil